Anyone can use the drag-and-drop interface to create anything from a one-page website to a multi-category eCommerce store.
The platform integrates well with other apps and services from the Wix App Market, to allow various additions to your website such as social media feeds, contact forms and embedded HTML.
While Wix has many impressive features, it also has a few downfalls. One of these downfalls is its blog feature which loads slowly at times and does not compare well to its competitors like Squarespace and BoldGrid.
Another downfall is that there is no way for you to export data from your website, should you choose to decide to switch to another platform. Overall Wix is a great website builder for building stunning websites if you are willing to overlook the few issues it has.
WHY CHOOSE WIX:
- One of the best website builders on the market.
- No knowledge of coding is required.
- Ability to code advanced web applications & robust websites.
- Easy to make your website responsive/mobile-friendly.
- Recent improvements include clean URLs.
- The drag and drop interface makes it very user-friendly and easy to learn.
- There are over 500 customizable templates to choose from.
- Great online customer support.
- The Wix App Market makes it possible to extensively customize your website.
- Affordable and very competitive pricing in comparison to other website builders.
- An excellent choice for beginners looking to build a small business website.
WHAT ARE THE DISADVANTAGES:
- The blog features are not robust enough to handle a large amount of content.
- The free plan has Wix ads displayed on the website and does not allow you to connect your own domain which pretty much forces users to upgrade to a premium plan.
- Unable to export data if you decide to switch to another platform.
- A limited number of site add-ons (2 domains allowed) for the “Launch” plan (their most basic hosting plan).
- It offers an eCommerce plan but Shopify offers more features for relatively the same price.
THE BOTTOM LINE:
Wix is a great choice for small business owners who want to build their own website or for people who simply want to build a personal website for an affordable price or even for free. It is a well-known platform in the world of website builders. Their focus is on convenience and a do-it-yourself (DIY) interface that is easy to learn, makes it easy to create your own website fairly quickly.
As with anything, while there are pros, there are also a few cons with this website builder. It is important to note that Wix’s SEO tools and blog features are far from perfect. The blog platform tends to be slow especially once those blog posts begin to add up. It seems like it simply cannot handle a lot of content so while it is visually pleasing, it is lacking in functionality.
Another con to Wix is that their free plan has Wix ads displayed on it and won’t allow for a custom domain to be connected, which looks unprofessional for businesses so technically, you will have to pay if you want a decent website using Wix.
If these two main downfalls are ones that you can look past, then Wix may be an excellent website builder for you. It is also an affordable option for those looking to build an eCommerce store. With 90 million users and growing, Wix still remains a leader in the space of website builders.